Friday, July 15, 2011

Funny Things That I Have Said That Really Deserved a Wider Audience #5

I am watching ZingZillas with My Lovely Son. It is time to stop watching ZingZillas and go and brush his teeth. He doesn’t want to stop watching ZingZillas and go and brush his teeth. A man comes on ZingZillas and starts playing the saxophone. I say that when the man stops playing the saxophone then it will be time to stop watching ZingZillas and go and brush his teeth. My Lovely Son agrees. (All parents will recognise this kind of negotiation. The whole Arab-Israeli Land for Peace idea that’s been going on since 1967 is basically modelled on trying to get a 3-year-old out of the house.) The man carries on playing the saxophone for quite some time.

MY LOVELY SON: “He’s never going to stop!”

ME: “Yeah, that’s jazz for you.”